Benefits of Soy
"Joy of Soy"
Soy beans contain high amounts of protein, including all essential amino acids (the only such vegetable source). Soy beans are also a rich
source of calcium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, B-vitamins, omega 3 fatty acids and fiber.
Soy is truly a wonder food for the following reasons:
- Excellent Source of Dietary fiber and protein
- Capable of lowering cholesterol in the body thus helping to reduce heart risks
- Helps to prevent the symptoms of menopause
- Good for prevention and treatment against Prostate Cancer
- Excellent source of Calcium
- Source of magnesium and boron, which are important co-factors of calcium for bone health
In 1999, FDA authorized a health claim about the relationship between soy protein and Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) on labelling of
foods containing soy protein.1
A heart health claim can be found on qualified soy products.
Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 25 grams of soy protein a day may reduce the risk of heart disease. One serving of
[name of produce] provides [amount]g of soy protein. 2